The following Australian Synchrotron beamlines (excluding BRIGHT beamlines) in Melbourne are available for application under Singapore-International Synchrotron Access Programme. Please ensure to contact the relevant Australian Synchrotron beamline scientist(s) to discuss on the feasibility of your project before submitting your Whitepaper application.
- Imaging and Medical
- Infrared Microspectroscopy
- THz - Far Infrared
- Macromolecular and Microfocus Crystallography
- Powder Diffraction
- SAXS / WAXS
- Soft X-ray Spectroscopy
- X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy
- X-ray Fluorescence Microscopy
For more information on the above beamlines, please visit the Australian Synchrotron beamlines website.
- Applicants must be Singapore-based researchers i.e. holding full-time employment in research/academics/related work or are students affiliated to local institutions, IHLs, A*STAR. They are required to submit their CVs for our verification. They are also to declare their appointment status in their affiliations in the Whitepaper application form.
- At least two (2) project team members with prior experience using beamlines either in SSLS or other synchrotron facilities, should be nominated as proposed travellers. Nominated proposed travellers should ideally include the PI of project team.
Overall budget to be determined based on the number of applications received. The following items will be covered in the funding:
- SG-ISAP will cover fees for beamtime shifts, Economy-class return airfare, subsistence allowance and airport/ground transfers.
- For beamtime shifts at Australian Synchrotron (AS), lodging will be provided by AS for users/travellers.
- A maximum of three travellers will be funded per application.
- Funding will be provided as a single-line budget and variation is allowable between the amounts determined for airfares and airport/ground transfers. However, if fewer people travel than the number in the application, the maximum funding level will be reduced. The budget will be provided in a separate approval letter after confirmation/allocation of beamtime shifts has been finalised by overseas synchrotron and SG-ISAP.
WHITEPAPER APPLICATION PROCESS
Submission of Whitepaper applications
- Completed Whitepaper Application Form
- CVs of project member team
Review of Whitepaper applications
- Technical Committee comprising of experts in different fields
- Governing Board of National Synchrotron Programme
Results of Whitepaper applications
- Applicants will be notified by email
- Follow-up instructions will be provided